PUNJAB GK 2018-The word Punjab is a compound of the Persian words panj (five) and āb (waters). Thus Panjāb roughly means “the land of five rivers”.The five rivers are the Sutlej, Beas, Ravi, Chenab and Jehlum.Punjab is the beautiful state located in the North India.As you all know that in our comparative exam the General Knowledge section id compulsory, also we should have to know our state if we are belong to Punjab State.The state is bordered by the Indian states of Jammu and Kashmir to the north, Himachal Pradesh to the east, Haryana to the south and southeast, Rajasthan to the southwest, and the Pakistani province of Punjab to the west.
There are total 23 universities which provide undergraduate and postgraduate courses in all the major arts, humanities, science, engineering, law, medicine, veterinary science, and business.The culture of Punjab has many elements including music such as bhangraBhangra dance began as a folk dance conducted by Punjabi farmers to celebrate the coming of the harvest season.
Punjab GK 2018
Statehood-1 November 1966
Total no. of District- 22
Total Area-50,362 km2 (19,445 sq mi)
Literacy Rate- 76.68%
GDP Rate inn Punjab-3.17 Lakh Crore
Their are lots of current affair in the Punjab 2018. Check here if you have any query related to the General Knowledge of the Punjab then comment us. All the information are provided from the newspaper, wikipedia and other government website. Also you can download the general knowledge in the pdf method. All the current affair and the general knowledge of 2018 and also some of the 2017 knowledge are given bellow. Please give us a feedback of our information regarding the general knowledge of Punjab.
- Capt. Amarinder Singh is the current Chief Minister of Punjab and it is his second term as CM of Punjab.
- The Indian national flag hoisted on the tallest flagpole is situated at Attari border, which was inaugurated in March 2017. The height of this flag post is 360 feet (110 meters) and this flag is also visible from Lahore (Pakistan).
- Pakistan has the largest number of Punjabi speaking people?
- The voting for assembly elections was held on 4th Feb 2017 and 77% (approx) voter turnout was recorded in the state.
- This year,Balbir Singh Seechewal the famous personality of Punjab was given Padma Shri award.
- Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar is the current Chief Justice of India. He belongs to Chandigarh, the capital of Punjab and is the first sikh to become CJI.
- Punjab govt has built Jang-e-Azadi memorial at Kartarpur town.
- Talwandi Sabo town of Punjab is known as ‘Guru Ki Kashi’
- After Independence, Shimla city became the capital of Punjab?
- During the recent assembly elections in Punjab, 77% was the approximate voting percentage.